Although there were more pressing projects (a kitchen for one thing) this room was always in our minds.
|From the garden|
After finishing the guestroom we started serious planning. I spent hours measuring, drawing a plan, scaling our furniture. Measuring. Drawing. Measuring. It seemed to go on forever. There were always compromises to be made but eventually on a cold Sunday afternoon in front of the fire I came up with a plan that satisfied both of us and that worked.
Andrew started to get frustrated with the weather eventually declaring "enough's enough" and started tearing down ceilings. And so it has begun.
|Well it does let more light in!|
It will be quite a long project and at times weather dependent so I thought I'd better have a back up plan for when outside work was impossible. Do you remember that game that used to appear in Christmas crackers, there were small tiles with one missing and you had to manoeuvre them about? Well that's how our bed must feel. It started off in bedroom front right, then moved to front left while I temporarily decorated back right, to where it moved. This room has fallen more and more into un-decoration as Andrew ripped wallpaper off, removed the carpet and took up floorboards. So after the guest room was finished we moved back into the old guest room (which at least has paint, carpet and furniture) leaving guest room two ready for work.
My first job was to come up with a scheme and as the room overlooks the apple orchard I decided upon 'A summer's morning' and tried to incorporate some existing items that we have.
|A summer's morning|
This room will take second place to the orangery but at least I can start by getting all the plaster of the wall for the insulation. Such fun!